Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 392 - The Caregiver's Life, Revised {#write31days}

You will never be the same again.

ear caregiver, the journey you're on with your dying husband or wife will be a crucible for you. It will burn away the fat of frivolity, and the excrescence of excess.

Your will be forged into something you would not, today, recognize.

And the experience will sear your soul.

You'll be reduced to matters of blood and bone, guarded hope and abysmal despair, and your psychic nerves will be seared.

Those who found you warm and comfortable will feel a chill in your presence, and you will laugh less.

But you'll smile, inwardly, more.

You'll smile at the small blessings of the day; the robin singing on his branch, the glow of moonrise, the fragment of song from a neighbour's radio.

You'll smile at the jokes your spouse may offer, through the pain. Even when they're terrible.

Q: What kind of car would Jesus drive?

A: A chrysler.

Geddit?

You will be given a treasure in a currency you can only rarely spend, but these riches, bought with your pain and tears...

...these riches belie the old saying, "You can't take it with you."

These riches, you can, for such is the Treasury of Heaven.

Music today from Enya, with Anywhere Is.


My #write31days posts so far are:

October 2 - Talk To A Caregiver
October 3 -  Create A Caregiver Haven

Write 31 Days prompts - 2017

I do ask that you be patient with my slow replies to your comments (which we treasure). I'm trying to stay caught up.

Still hoping to get the new and improved version of Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart up and running in the near future. Just haven't had the energy to do it yet...but if you would like to read it, please say so in your comment and I'd be glad to send you a PDF (which should fit your Kindle).

I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.

Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.

















6 comments:

  1. Andrew, such a hard, beautiful post. You're right. Whenever we invest in another we will be changed, especially in a situation where the other person is dealing with a "terminal" illness. You can't genuinely care for someone without experiencing the fallout of emotions that come with watching the changes.

    I like what you share about the real treasures. Those are definitely the ones that survive the trip to heaven.

    Praying for you and Barb, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, you caught the phrase just right..."the fallout of emotions". Perfect.

      Thank you so much for the prayers. Pretty horrible, as I write this.

      Delete
  2. I think we all could benefit more by looking at our blessings daily. We are not always good at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, it's a hard discipline. I wasn't able to even begin to do it until I got too sick not to.

      Delete
  3. Your posts always amaze me. I pray for both you and Barbara every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, thank you so much. We really appreciate your prayers,and we need them. This has been a tough week.

      Delete