Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 328 - Ready To Die?

Nope. Not ready to die.

Wasn't even ready yesterday.

(Say those two sentences with an outrageous Aussie accent, and you'll have tapped my attempt at humour for the die. Uh, day,)

This has been the Weekend From Hell. More pain, more just plain discomfort than I can recall. And I can't recall the worst moment, but Barbara said they involved screaming for morphine.

Yes, it does sometimes feel like a good thing, to let go and wake up in another place, time to challenge Jesus to that arm-wrestling contest I've been training for.

If Jesus had a tattoo on one of his biceps, would it read, Born To Save?

Sorry. I'm a little loopy and I digress.

Yes, it would be nice, but I'm not about to let go, because I'm still curious about what tomorrow will bring, here.

Not so much for me...it's going to hurt more, and I'll be able to do less. Still some movies I'd like to see, some books to read, but that's not the real reason.

I want to see my friends' stories through to victory. Some of you who are reading this are writers, and you're looking for an agent, or you have a book on submission, or you're working on your next contracted title.

I want to be here to see the success.

I'm here, and intend to stay, because I want to cheer you on.

Musical theme is from Steve Winwood...



Still hoping to get the new and improved version of Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart up and running in the near future. Just haven't had the energy to do it yet...but if you would like to read it, please say so in your comment and I'd be glad to send you a PDF (which should fit your Kindle).

I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.



Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.








11 comments:

  1. Oh friend I don't know about the others but I've all but given up on the book about my Uncle and his Nashville friends. I've lost my mojo and I'm not sure how to revive it. I'm so tempted to self publish what I've written and be done with it but there's so much that will be missed if I do that.
    The enemy has used people from our past to attack me in my writing place, and I'm having a difficult time wanting to write at all again. Certainly minor when so many travesties face the world and yet...

    You always have the best musical accompaniment! Some I've forgotten about like Steve Winwood. Fantastic!...you'll find me at mywritingplayground.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy, your comment went to my heart, because I've lost my mojo, too.

      All I can say is this: for TODAY, resolve not to give up. Don't look further. Just for today.

      The enemy is emboldened; today I was bitten my a brown recluse,and the pain's horrible. I can understand why some might curse God, but I won't.

      So glad you enjoyed Steve's music...you're in my prayers, always.

      Delete
    2. Now I've got tears...great wise counsel my friend! Gonna print it out and tape it where I can see it often! I'm sorry about the spider bite. Forgive me for finding humor in that you understand why some might curse God over a spider bite while you're facing much bigger trials. <3 to you and the fam

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for caring for the rest of us. The most important characteristics a person can have are integrity (justice,) compassion (mercy,) and common sense (humility) and you have them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I am so deeply honoured by your words. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

      Delete
  3. It is so kind of you to want to be here to cheer on your friends. Thank you for your example of perseverance, kindness, friendship, and loyalty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, thank you so much for these grace-filled words. It's truly a privilege to cheer on my friends, and to hold them in prayer...as I do you.

      Delete
  4. You're the ultiamate cheerleader and team member, Andrew! May God bless you and ease your pain as you continue to show us how to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, thanks so very much! And thank you, especially, for the prayers.

      Got bitten by a brown recluse today, so easing the pain may have to wait...but it's ure an experience.

      Delete
  5. Andrew, your words....so uplifting. You've been in my corner, and I can't tell you what power your words have had for me on certain hard days. Thank you for wanting to be here, to sour your friends forward. You, my friend, are a genuine inspiration. You have harnessed the power of words and used them in the best ways. Thank you for that.

    You, Barb and the dogs continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And we're seeing your story to victory, too, Andrew.

    Praying ...

    ReplyDelete