5'10" , still trying to reach 6'.
2. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
There are times when my talents ALL seem hidden, and my incompetencies showcased!
3. What is your biggest blog-related pet-peeve?
A blog that looks serious but is just a sales-pitch for a product.
4. What is your biggest non-blog-related pet peeve?
Rudeness and immodesty. There is no excuse for ungentlemanly or unladylike behavior.
5. What's your favorite song?
Linkin Park's "Iridescent"
6. What's your favorite Etsy shop that isn't yours?
7. What's your favorite way to spend free time when you're alone?
With a sanctuary for abused Pit Bulls (and friends) I'm NEVER alone. "Dad? I'm hungry!
"Dad? I'm thirsty!"
"Dad? I have to go...oh, never mind." WagWagWag.
8. What's your favorite junk food?
Chocolate is NOT junk food. Brussels sprouts, on the other hand, seem to qualify, and I would eat them only under duress.
Well, bribery would work, too.
9. Do you have a pet or pet(s)? If so, what kind and what are their names?
Uh, yes. Here are two - Josie (rear)and Reebok (as puppies - they are BIG Ridgebacks now). This picture was taken about 20 min after they were pulled from death row at a pound.
Josie likes to be carried. Everywhere. Even though her feet drag on the ground when I carry her.
10. What is your #1 favorite fiction and non-fiction books?
Fiction - ""Round The Bend" by Nevil Shute. Shute's unforgettable and gentle characters, and his willingness to ask how we see our faith, make for an unforgettable combination.
Nonfiction - "Xin Loi, Viet Nam", by Al Sever. This Viet Nam memoir by a very hard man has a sober, spiritual side that will make anyone stop and think about our place in Eternity.
11. What is your favorite beauty product?
My nickname is Mongo.
I don't do beauty.
12. When were you last embarrassed?
When my wife asked me what my favorite beatitude was, and I answered, "Ringo".
I was SOOO embarrassed! I had confused Ringo with George!
13. If you could drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Lo-Carb Monster Drink. Better than water, better than beer, better than coffee.
14. What's your favorite movie?
"Lone Survivor", hands down.
I also love "Notting Hill", and would love to be able to channel Hugh Grant. Alas, I am more like Ken Watanabe on a very bad hair day.
15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?
Enforcer. We had a drug problem, and I decided to deal with it. At 5'10" and 230 lbs (I lifted weights), this was not difficult. The assistant Head was quite surprised one day when I tossed a dealer through a window, and the body didn't hit the frame. He didn't think it was possible.
Being the school 'janitor' gave me a lot of privilege - open campus, and the right to wear the biggest moustache I could grow. Which, for an Asian, isn't much.
16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Right where I am, on a mesa in New Mexico. Wherever you go, there you are, so why leave?
17. PC or Mac?
PC. A mac is a small and inaccurate submachinegun (Mac-10), designed for...heck, I don't know why the thing was produced in the first place.
18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?
Well, my wife bought me an air compressor when my old one blew up...does that count?
19. Favorite celebrity?
Can I pick a pastor? Bobby Schuller, for his positive attitude.
20. What blogger do you secretly want to be best friends with?
I have so many blogging friends! I would love to meet them all; and I don't want to single one out and leave the others left out.
Your turn! Tell me one random thing about yourself!
Or more than one!
(And please take a moment, if you can, to visit my other blog, www.dailygracequote.wordpress.com, where you'll find a quote of grace, and commentary relating it to marriage)