Well, I've been tagged by my best friend, Jennifer Major, as a nominee for The Sunshine Award. The rules are to answer Jennifer's eight questions, and to tag eight fellow bloggers with the nomination.
Here are the questions, and the answers...
- What's your favorite TV show? - I don't watch TV except to have it on as soothing background for the Inside Dogs. If I can choose an HBO miniseries that I have on disc, it would be Band of Brothers
- Have you ever read a book on a friend's recommendation? If so, what was the title, and did you like it? - Yes - The Book of Mormon. I liked it a lot, and gave serious thought to joining the Church of Latter-Day Saints. I ultimately didn't join, because of the "social organization and protocols" that I thought then (and still do) are antithetical to Christianity. Jesus doesn't care what you wear to church.
- Favorite Bible verse - easy, the beginning of Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
- Least favorite food - undercooked rat
- Favorite professional sports team - The All Blacks (NZ rugby)
- Favorite part about blogging - developing the discipline required to write a substantive piece every day
- Favorite Christmas song, or any song - Favorite Christmas song is "Mary's Boy Child", especially when sung by Kiri Te Kanawa. Favorite song is "This is War" by Thirty Seconds To Mars. I also like some of AC/DC's repertoire..."Highway To Hell", "Hell's Bells", and "Thunderstruck".
- Five favorite books - (why not eight?) This is a hard one..."Nanette", by Edwards Park; "House to House", by David Bellavia; "Hornets Over Kuwait", by Jay Stout; "Call To The Winds", by P.G. Taylor; "Fighter Pilot", by Paul Richey; "The Big Show", by Pierre Closterman; "Low Level Hell", by Hugh Mills; and "Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind", by Shunryu Suzuki