Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Stayin' Alive

Some weeks teach really cool lessons.
Some really suck.

Last week really sucked. I thought I knew a lot about living with pain, and its attendant twins of melodrama, despair and disillusion. But, no.

For what it's worth, here are some ways I coped.


  1. Reaching out - I wasn't up to doing much, but I did let friends know what was happening, and asked for prayers and good vibes. Getting to the computer was physically difficult, but the prospect of an uplifting email made it worth while.
  2. Reading - Having a selection of books available that are involving and uplifting (that word again!) made long days pass more quickly.
  3. Movies - A 'feel-good' DVD in the middle of the night is good medicine, but a good choice is essential. Perhaps not something like 'Ghost'.
  4. Work - I freelance, and work from home - I tried to keep hands on some renumerative work every day.
  5. Dogs - Always a tonic. And sometimes a lifesaver, and in biting me and barking in my face to get me to breathe.
  6. Prayer - 'Nuff said.
One other thing I learned - if you aren't up to posting in a week, blog readership REALLY goes down!

For those who still might be left...what would you add to the list above?

2 comments:

  1. You know you're loved by too many to give in. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you had a bad day or a bad week. God bless and heal you.

    ReplyDelete